Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Tragedy

I've thought about this house for weeks now. Just over two weeks ago, my friend, her parents, and her sweet Henry were sleeping in this new house, and it caught on fire. Elizabeth was able to get her family out of the house, but she decided to go back in to get her cell phone and glasses. When she did, she received very severe smoke inhalation and several hours later, her body began to fail.   Each day has been horrible, but hopeful. Today, Elizabeth's family announced that she would lose her left foot, and the amputation will take place tomorrow.  Please pray for her and her recovery.  Please pray for this sweet little boy, who is 4 days younger than Kohen. Just pray that his mommy recovers quickly because he hasn't seen her in almost 3 weeks, and I can't imagine what he must be thinking.  Elizabeth needs big prayers right now.  God is healing her, but she needs time. 



These two boys were about to celebrate their 2nd birthday here. They were splashing in the mud at Hen-wee's NEW house.  Now, we are about to celebrate their 3rd birthday, and it is going to be a bash-a big, crazy bash, complete with a bouncy house and all the fixings.  

3 comments:

laura said...

oh gosh, candy...
thinking of you, but especially of your friend and her family.

Laurie said...

That is just so sad. I will be praying for them!

Caitlin said...

So heartbroken over this. I'll keep all of them in my prayers.