Saturday, March 12, 2011

A year ago-almost

A year ago, almost, this was my little Kohen. His shirt was slightly too big, and his shorts hung just below his knees, and his size 5 blue Crocs were just a smidgen too big. His hair was thin, but we were so excited because he actually had hair!  His cheeks were full, and he was so excited because it was almost his birthday and Nana and Pop-sy were in town!  It was a great week!

Fast forward a year, and my almost 2T pant wearing baby is wearing 3T's, and he needs a haircut, and he can ride his bike, and he can tell me he wants me to "call up Charlie's mommy to see if Charlie can come and play," and he doesn't have a diaper on, which was pretty important last year because the diaper helped keep his pants up.  He brushes his OWN teeth. He lifts the lid up on the toilet and pee's all on his own. He runs his own bath water. He picks out his own clothes, and he is SASSY! And, he wears a size 9 shoe!  I love him, but I hate that he is growing up. He even tells me, "Mommy, I gwow-ing up!" He melts my heart.


The blonde hair is turning brown, but those eye lashes are longer than ever.  

When he smiles, his eyes close, just like his daddy.  

I'm going to eat this flower, mommy!  NO-just smell it.  
It stinks, mommy.  

This one stinks too! 

Pondering...in my rain boots. 


Kohen, pose like Mimi (Aunt Misty) always poses....okay!  Bahhaaa!

Look at that thick hair!
Okay, so maybe not "thick" but he has hair! 

2 comments:

Tales from Goshen said...

That "bushy" hairdo made me laugh out loud! Good stuff!

Stephanie Wood Smith said...

Hi! I came across your blog through Renee's blog... It caught my eye because my son's name is Kohen too! I've never heard of anyone else spelling the name with a "k". I just thought I would say hello :)