Sunday, March 20, 2011

We Skipped Church to Watch La La Fly

Yes, we did!  We skipped church to watch one of my favorite gals in the world FLY!  Oh yes she did--she ran a 1/2 marathon in an hour and 56 minutes. Only to finish, pick up Kohen, and carry him around the marathon festivities and share her pizza with him. What a lady!

Yes, I forgot Kohen's jacket. Yesterday morning, we woke up to like 70 degree weather-no joke!  I didn't think we needed a jacket, but we did. Poor Kohen didn't want to leave until he saw his La La.  

 Shew....found her! Boy were we excited to see her too!  


And, then Kohen didn't want to let go. 



The medal!

 The pizza! 

 The finish line

 The friends, who will forever be buddies. Can't believe I just met this girl 5 years ago because it feels like I've known her forever.  Her constant friendship, even through two hormonal pregnancies, is something I cherish. I can't say enough great compliments about her, but I can tell you that Kohen Johnson will miss HER more than he'll miss just about anything or anyone in North Carolina. She's a one-of-a-kind gal, and I can't wait to chase after her in her next marathon.  Way to go, La! 


1 comment: