On the way to our new house, the house which I had never seen in person, we passed over some train tracks. I heard a honk, and there was a TRAIN chugging down the tracks right at me. My heart stopped.
We drove up to our house, and I loved it. We got to the house a few hours before the movers so I thought I'd trim some bushes. Our house sat empty for about 9 months, so the bushes needed trimmed. So, I'm trimming away, and a SNAKE flew out of a bush and landed on my chest. My heart stopped again!
Then, we smelled gas in our house. Come to find out, we had a gas leak, not a little one either. So, we had to evacuate our house until the gas was turned off.
The list goes on and on, but shortly after the snake landed on my chest, we received a delivery. My sweet friend from North Carolina, Tiffany, sent them to me. Aren't they beautiful?!!
It has certainly been an interesting last few weeks. And, I've had a bit of a harder time than I imagined. But, Wyatt seems to be acclimating to his new house. Here he is enjoying his morning coffee.
Kohen seems to be fine too. He prefers to slide down our steps. Don't you love my leapard print carpet? Ha!
Kyle's dad was put to work too! Nana babysit the kids for 4 days while we moved in. It really does take a village :)
And, right when I was ready to pack the moving truck back up to head out, Tiffany sent us another arrangement of fruit (no picture because we devoured it!) And, then she sent this arrangement to Kohen. Those are daisies but doesn't it look like a cake? So cute! Kohen asked if he could eat it! Ha!
So, the lesson learned here is-train crashes, snakes, nor gas leaks will cause us to jump ship! And, I miss my friends in North Carolina-that's all there is to it!


No comments:
Post a Comment