I don't adjust well. I just don't. I didn't transition to North Carolina very quickly. And, I haven't adjusted to Arkansas very well either.
I miss my North Carolina buddies, my North Carolina weather, my North Carolina roads, my North Carolina grocery stores, and I especially miss my North Carolina grass. I have issues with vacuuming and grass. I like to see the lines. Weird, I know. My grass in North Carolina was SO green and perfect, just lush and beautiful! We are not having as much luck with our grass here, despite the fact that we have a sprinkler system. HA!
Almost all of my sentences start with, "Well, that is NOT how they do it in North Carolina!" Or, "I just moved here from North Carolina, and . . ." However, it is time to acclimate, to become an Arkansans, to STOP thinking we are going back. So, I'm shaking off the North Carolina blue, and I'm going to start bleeding red.
Here's why:
Kohen LOVES, LOVES his cousin Brayden. We enjoy having playdates with him, and we LOVE our swim practices on Tuesday and Thursday nights! This kid is one-of-a-kind, and my boys LOVE him. We wouldn't have had such special time with this little doll if we still lived in NC.
This little boy likes his new house. He walks UP and DOWN the stairs MULTIPLE times each day. He's growing like a weed, and he LOVES having his daddy with him more!
Oh, we sure have enjoyed having daddy home with us for dinner, every single night. Boy, what a wonderful blessing!
Kohen has become even more attached to his daddy! Didn't think that was possible!
This makes it worth every box I've had to unpack!
Plus, my little men get to meet their grandpa Mitchell!
Kohen likes him and his YELL-O Jeep!
We have a very special room in our house, which should be called the theatre room, but it has become our toy room! Something tells me daddy will convert it back to a theatre room come football season! Kohen LOVES stacking his blocks!
They love him so much!
EVERY little boy needs a Pa Pa. This is my Pa Pa, and he has adored me since I was born. I have so many wonderful memories of him, his hats, his glasses, and I am so unbelievably thankful my boys will know him!
And, last night, I got to stand by while my niece was born! How exciting to be part of this-welcome, Little Miss McKayla Hufford!
She is just precious!





No comments:
Post a Comment