The local weather (WO) man said that the snow would hit, and the wind would be rough enough that we should prepare for electrical outages.
We had planned a much-needed and long-awaited trip to Kansas City to see our sweet "Man-U-El" or Amanuel depending on which family member you ask. We miss him too!
Well, we cancelled the trip, and waited for the blizzard. And, we waited and waited. The snow fell, and it was beautiful. The kids loved it, but by 10am, it had melted off. It really wasn't that impressive. Amanuel, however, got the blizzard we were supposed to get. He was snowed in, and even called us to tell us a story about stopping at Wal-Mart to pick up some peanut butter. It was quite a story-women fighting over bread and so on. Every story is better when Amanuel tells it because of his accent.
So, instead of hanging out with Amanuel, we played in the snow...for a minute.
I need to do a post on this but my sweet Kohen got a bike with pedals for Christmas. For the past few years, he has ridden a balance bike, and it was the best toy we have owned! On Kohen's first attempt to ride his bike with pedals, he was a success. He learned to ride it, without training wheels, in about 3 minutes. I swear by the balance bikes, moms! Every kiddo needs one!
I wish I knew what he was thinking!
Our snowman!
Ahh!
The snow building crew and the three loves of my life.
Now, I hope winter is over. I'm ready for spring!






No comments:
Post a Comment