Friday, May 10, 2013

I'm "Free!"

This baby boy is three today.  He is beyond excited to celebrate turning "free", while holding up 4 fingers.  
 
His eyes melt my heart. He is sassy beyond words, and he is the most darling, loving, cuddle bug in this entire world!  He wakes up in the morning, and without prompting, will lean over and kiss me on the cheek. If I'm holding him, he'll lean down and kiss my arm.  He even says, "have you had your morning hugs today?!"  

On his first birthday, I knew I had something special. I knew God had big plans for the sweet soul.  


 He is my buddy, my friend, my little doll, and my coffee buddy!  I love our special time together, while big brother is at preschool, and so does he.  He likes to stay home, keep things calm and simple.  He's a no fuss guy.  He doesn't care if his clothes match or if his hair is combed.  He especially doesn't find any reason to clean his face or his hands.  Totally unnecessary and time wasted! But, a bath is SOOO much fun, and if you offer one, you better be ready for a naked boy screaming all the way to the bubble-filled tub.   


He brother is his hero. He wants to be with him at all times.  He smiles so perfectly when his big brother hugs on him.  They are so different too, in every way, but sometimes, just sometimes, I see their little eyes lock, like when they are up to no good, and I see so many similarities.  

And his dad... Wyatt is attached to his daddy like a joey kangaroo! Daddy is his best friend, and he squeals with such excitement when daddy walks in the door.  If he is hurt, he wants his doctor daddy to fix him.  If he is anxious or in a big crowd, he wants his daddy. I'm okay with it.  I want his daddy too:)  

They really are spitting images of each other.  I am the luckiest girl in the world! 

I especially love days that are days that Wyatt picks what he wants to do.  I smile when he says he "wants to go to the wi-bary (library) to wead (read) books."  I know he doesn't want to read books. 



And this photo, this perfectly perfect image of him is a perfect picture of the sassy little sweet pea that I know and love. 

And this one... I could stare at him all day. 

My little birthday baby, I love you. You are, without a doubt, the most amazing three year old that I know.  You will change this world.  You will do something spectacular. And, even though mommy and daddy would like to slow it all down, I can't wait to see what it is you choose to become in this crazy world.  

Happy, happy, happy birthday to my Duck Dynasty loving, bike riding, water splashing, non-sleeping snuggle bug! Oh how I love you to the moon and back!


No comments: